Once you've found the leak you can make a temporary leak patch from some plywood or shingle and some roofing tar. Use a putty knife to spread the tar into the leaking hole on the inside of your roof. Place the shingle or plywood onto the tar and spread more of the tar around the edges of your patch.
Erecting Pyramid Roof Framing Members
- Start by laying out the first set of common rafters in the center of the wall you decide to start on. ...
- Now lay out the second set of commons in the center of the other wall.
- Erect the first set of commons, one angled toe nail down from one plumb cut to the other should be enough.
How to Replace A Roof: Basic Steps
- Plan ahead. ...
- Rip off old roofing, and clean the roof bed of old nails and any debris.
- Repair roof bed if necessary. ...
- Install the underlayment.
- Install drip edge.
- Install roof covering, including ridge cap, flashing and ridge vents.
- Clean up debris.