- Start by laying out the first set of common rafters in the center of the wall you decide to start on. ...
- Now lay out the second set of commons in the center of the other wall.
- Erect the first set of commons, one angled toe nail down from one plumb cut to the other should be enough.
Erecting Pyramid Roof Framing Members
How to Replace A Roof: Basic Steps
- Plan ahead. ...
- Rip off old roofing, and clean the roof bed of old nails and any debris.
- Repair roof bed if necessary. ...
- Install the underlayment.
- Install drip edge.
- Install roof covering, including ridge cap, flashing and ridge vents.
- Clean up debris.
If you're in the market for a new roof, metal is a durable, energy-efficient alternative to traditional asphalt shingles. ... The average metal roof costs more than other roof types — $16,453 on average, according to the Metal Roof Alliance — but a metal roof also offers a greater return on investment.Aug 20, 2011